What is Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity or the Cyberspace Security refers to the protection of systems, programs, networks and devices from cyber-attacks in order to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data within the Cyberspace. These cyber-attacks try to access, destroy or modify sensitive data, leading to the disruption of operations, money loss, reputation damage or loss of customers’ trust. Cybersecurity highlights the role of information security, network and internet security, physical security and critical information infrastructure protection (CIIP) in the Cyberspace.
Why is Cybersecurity important for you?
The global evolution of technology has resulted in a rapid increase of the number of cyber-crimes and cyber-attacks. To combat the spread of these attacks, Cybersecurity helps you understand the effective measures and controls that need to be implemented in order to stay protected from all kinds of attacks. Therefore, the implementation of the right Cybersecurity controls and mechanisms enables your organization to assess and treat the Cybersecurity risks that they face.
Cybersecurity professionals will prove that they possess the necessary expertise to support organizations implement effective protection measures that involve the combination of people, processes and technology.
Moreover, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills to support the process of integrating the Cybersecurity controls into the organization’s processes and ensure that the intended outcomes are achieved.
Benefits of Cybersecurity
PECB Cybersecurity Certificate will prove that you have:
- Obtained the necessary expertise to support an organization to implement Cybersecurity controls and defense mechanisms
- The ability to provide continual prevention and assessments of cyber-threats within your organization
- Higher chances of being distinguished or hired in the field of Cybersecurity
- Strengthen your skills in the establishment and maintenance of a Cybersecurity program
- The ability to support organizations in the continual improvement process of their security
- The ability to respond and recover faster in the events of cyber-incidents
How do I get started with Cybersecurity Training?
Interested in expanding your knowledge and advancing your skills on Cybersecurity? PECB experts are here to ease the certification process and help you obtain the PECB Certified Cybersecurity Credentials.
PECB Certified Cybersecurity training courses available
Learn more about Cybersecurity by attending the PECB Cybersecurity Essential training course.