About the standard
ISO 20400 is an international standard that provides guidelines on sustainable procurement. The standard can be used by an organizations that intend to improve their social, economic, and environmental sustainability.
The standardâ€™s main guidelines include key sustainability considerations, integrating sustainability into the organizationâ€™s procurement policy and strategy, managing risks and opportunities, planning and integrating sustainability into the procurement processes, and measuring and improving the sustainable procurement performance. Throughout all these instances, the engagement of stakeholders is just as important in order for the sustainable procurement initiatives to be successful. Therefore, considerable attention is given to the engagement of stakeholders throughout the supply chain.
Why is ISO 20400 important for you?
Considering the growing awareness with regard to sustainable business practices, nationally and internationally, whether required by laws and regulations, promoted by the UN Sustainable Development Goals, or even byÂ the changing societal expectations â€“ there are a myriad of reasons in todayâ€™s world that drive organizations to be more sustainable.
By attending this training course, you have the opportunity to advance your competencies in order to help organizations integrate sustainability in their procurement policies and practices. In addition, you will be able to support an organization in understanding the conditions and management techniques required to successfully implement and continually improve sustainable procurement.
In addition, through the guidance of ISO 20400, you can help organizations align their procurement processes in a way that positively contributes to worker rights, legal environmental obligations, and economic equity within and throughout supply chain.
Having an ISO 20400 certification, will prove to that you have the necessary capacities to support organizations making sustainable procurement decisions in a manner that is more sustainable socially, environmentally, and economically.
The standardâ€™s benefits
By becoming ISO 20400 certified, you will be able to:
- Help organizations to put in place a sustainable procurement system which takes into account the pillars of sustainable development (economic, social, and environmental aspects,) as well as the UN SDGs
- Assist organizations in improving their sustainability within the procurement policy and strategies and the supply chain
- Assist organizations in improving the environmental, social, and economic impacts of procurement activities
- Assist organizations in improving resource usage and reducing costs by adopting a life-cycle approach
- Assist organizations in fostering a systemic approach to engaging all interested parties throughout the supply chain in contributing to sustainability
- Assist organizations in improving their risks management and opportunity realization
- Assist organizations in improving their compliance with national and international regulations
- Assist organizations in gaining international recognition regarding sustainability
Getting started with the ISO 20400 training course
An ISO 20400 Lead Manager certification proves the possession of the necessary competencies to help organizations improve their sustainable procurement practices throughout their supply chain. PECB experts will ensure a smooth experience for anyone that wishes to obtain any of our ISO 20400 credentials.
Contact us to begin with the first step
PECB Certified ISO 20400 training courses available
PECB offers ISO 20400 training courses worldwide. Join our network and grow your professional career by attending our training courses on sustainable procurement. Check the training courses below and find the one that suits you best.
The PECB ISO 20400 Lead Manager training course provides comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental principles, frameworks, and processes of sustainable procurement based on ISO 20400.
ISO 20400 Lead Manager