What is ISO 27799?
ISO 27799 provides guidelines for organizational information security standards and Information Security Management practices which include but are not limited to the selection, implementation and management of controls by taking into consideration the organization’s Information Security risk environments. This standard provides guidelines to support the implementation of information security controls in healthcare organizations based on ISO/IEC 27002.
By following the guidelines of this international standard, healthcare organizations will be able to maintain a level of security that is suitable to their conditions and will help to ensure the availability, integrity and confidentiality of their personal health information. Basically, ISO 27799 serves as a tool to protect personal health information.
Why is Information Security Management in Healthcare important for you?
ISO 27799 training is essential as it will provide you with the fundamental guidelines to protect personal health information. This training will enable you to acquire the necessary knowledge to ensure healthcare organizations that their personal information is protected according to an internationally recognized standard. The benefits of this standard are valid to all healthcare institutions regardless of their size, type, or complexity. Healthcare organizations have a technological infrastructure, as well as information systems and information assets that are very sensitive and prone to vulnerabilities. That being said, the ISO 27799 standard will help these organizations to securely manage the personal information that they process.
Benefits of ISO 27799 Information Security Management in Healthcare
PECB ISO 27799 Certificate will prove that you have:
- Understood the implementation of Information Security Controls in healthcare organizations by adhering to the framework and principles of ISO 27799.
- Understood the relationship between the components of Information Security controls, including responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance and human behavior.
- Gained the necessary skills to support a healthcare organization in implementing and managing the ongoing Information Security controls based on ISO 27799.
- Acquired the competences to perform periodic risk assessment in a healthcare organization.
- Enhanced your ability to help healthcare organizations to play an active and important role in the protection of personal health data of their patients.
- Gained the necessary knowledge to improve Information Security in healthcare organizations.
How do I get started with ISO 27799 Training?
Interested in expanding your knowledge and advancing your skills on Health Informatics? PECB experts are here to ease the certification process and help you obtain PECB Certified ISO 27799 credentials.
Contact us to start with the first step
PECB Certified ISO 27799 training courses available
Learn more about the Information Security in the healthcare industry by attending the PECB ISO 27799 training courses.